oceanlab - i am what i am

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

my life in ruins


SMALLEST MINDS

that's what i thought when i packed my bags and left my workplace. how was i gonna handle being broke? i took up a meager online job just to give me a few bucks to live and go out. but was that enough? financially no. but i found myself a lot more at peace with myself.

i used to break with the thought of having no moolah. my life was way cool with it. nights out, new gadgets but what are they anyway? was it worth battling the stress and dissatisfaction? i realized later it totally wasn't.

i definitely can relate to jessie j singing "it's not about the money, money, money" because life wasn't. after 4 years of working my ass off, partying, spending all i had, i found that it doesn't define life. of course it gets you to place but it certainly ain't everything.

there were so many things that i thought would make me complete but didn't. quitting my job and getting to know myself again led me back to where i started. i got to know my best friends again and i was sorry i let it go and made my work an excuse. i am certainly lucky having friends like them, waiting for me, always there for me all those days. i got to know them again, got to know how fun it was with them. they caught me at the right time in my life and i will be forever indebted to this bunch. and even if two had to leave, it's only physical distance. in my heart the friendship remains....

1 comment: